MUST BE A CNA
WEEKEND LEAD COORDINATOR
Looking for a highly self-motivated, fast learner who would be responsible for looking after the work and performance of every single employee of their team on the weekend schedule. Able to use critical thinking when a situation arises. Responsible for making sure all shifts are covered. In charge of weekend scheduling making sure all workers are where they are supposed to be filling in the schedule where needed with workers and or themselves as needed. Making sure all work is completed before a worker departs from their shift. Assuring all staff members are familiar with software and able to use properly. Must be able to pass DBHDD fingerprint for eligibility. MUST BE A CNA
Must be 21 years or older
- Must pass PSA/PCA State required test.
- Documentation of Nurse Aide certification (CNA) from the Department of Human Resources, Office of Regulatory Services.
- Receive a total of 40 hours of training. The Aide receives at least 20 hours of this training prior to caring for individuals with disabilities. The Aide completes an additional 20 hours of training within the first six months of employment.
- Able to read and write, follow verbal and written instructions, and complete legible written reports of care given.
- Must be able to communicate and articulate well.
- Must be able to type and use a computer.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to complete written reports and documents.
- Understanding the needs and characteristics of elderly, handicapped, intellectually disabled, or convalescing individuals.
- Successfully complete training or demonstrate understanding and practical competency in all areas tested in.
- Must be in good health.
- Able use critical thinking
EXPERIENCE: Experience as a nurse aide assistant. Experience working with the Intellectually Disabled at least 5 years' experience.
Daily Care (Assist Client with the Following)
- Home safety and management
- Observing and immediately reporting any and all changes of client's health.
- Providing watchful supervision and oversight.
- Provide companionship & socialization for the client
- Performs periodic audits of consumer records, and in-service manuals to assure conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Communicate with Office/State Workers/ Family and or guardian concerning Client.
- Documents daily goals, notes, and or activities.
- Documenting the client's liquid intake and output if needed.
- Applying first aide in case of sudden illness or an accident
- Assisting with the picking up prescription medications;
- Assisting client with reminder to take medication
- Assisting with the arranging of transportation and escorts services.
- Assisting with and arranging and or accompany trips to the doctor
- Assisting and or accompanying the client to grocery store
- Assisting and or accompany the client in the community for activities
- Assisting with routine household tasks: Ironing, Washing, Linen Changing, Vacuuming, Sweeping, Mopping, Dusting, emptying trash and garbage for client. Light House Keeping to include sanitation, home safety, handling medical emergencies in the home; and infection control.
- Assisting with and or preparing meals and washing dishes;
- Assisting with and or linen changing to include sanitation, home safety, handling medical emergencies in the home; and infection control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide the following personal care tasks if needed:
- Taking blood pressure
- Checking vital signs
- Assisting with eating
- Bathing (tub, shower, or bed)
- Routine skin and hair care
- General mouth care (includes dentures)
- Grooming and shampooing hair
- Assisting with dressing
- Assisting with toileting
- Giving the client a back rub.
- Ambulation and Transfer Tasks
- Assisting the client to get in and out of bed and wheelchair if required
- Assisting the client to walk
- Encouraging physical activity
- Assisting the client, if appropriate, with a simple exercise program that has been established by a nurse or therapist.
*Must be able to use a computer/type
To apply you must meet the guidelines listed below:
- (2) years verifiable experience as a care provider for the Intellectually Disabled
- Proof of Legal authorization to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- CNA or able to pass PSA test (Click here to check your CNA status)
- Current CPR (Click here to get CPR certification) $19.95
- Current First Aide Card (Click here to get First Aid certification) $19.95
- Current Physical (Click here to get Health Dept. Info)
- Current TB or Chest X-Ray (Click here to get Health Dept. Info)
- Finger Print through STATE of GA (COGENT) (Click here to get Finger Prints) $52.00
- Background Check (Georgia Only) (Click here to get Background Check) $12.00
- MVR Report 7 years' check (Click here for MVR) $8.00